Henry Ford Hospital
2799 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, Mich. 48202
HIPEC at Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, or HIPEC, is a heated chemotherapy that is administered after cytoreductive cancer (tumor-removing) surgery to treat cancers that spread to the lining of the abdomen.
This innovative, aggressive treatment targets and destroys microscopic cancer cells that cannot be seen by the human eye. Destroying these cells can prevent them from later coming back as new cancer tumors.
HIPEC can be an effective option for certain cancers that spread to the lining of your abdomen, including, but not limited to:
- Appendix cancers
- Colorectal cancers
- Gastric cancers
- Certain gynecologic cancers, including ovarian
An innovative treatment option for ovarian cancer.
When you’re diagnosed with ovarian cancer, you want the most experienced specialists on your care team. At the Henry Ford Cancer Institute, your care will be in the hands of an experienced multidisciplinary team who will tailor a treatment focused on you. The process – innovative, methodical, and analytical – brings the best care to women in Metro Detroit and across the state.
Our patients have access to the latest treatment options, clinical trials and most advanced minimally-invasive surgical techniques. You’ll also have a dedicated cancer nurse navigator to support you so you know what to expect throughout your care and assist with appointment scheduling.
Why choose Henry Ford for your HIPEC treatment
The Henry Ford Cancer Institute is a national leader in cancer care, having treated people from every state in the U.S. and every continent in the world.
At the Lindsey and Brett Finsilver Henry Ford Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC Program, our multidisciplinary HIPEC team is your partner in care. We tailor your cancer care to your unique, individual needs.
Fellowship trained surgical oncologists from prestigious, high volume HIPEC centers lead the multidisciplinary HIPEC program. More than a procedure, our comprehensive HIPEC program features one unified team built all around you.
Our comprehensive HIPEC program provides:
- An appointment for a comprehensive evaluation within 72 hours.
- Comprehensive review of your unique cancer in weekly multidisciplinary tumor boards.
- A dedicated nurse navigator, who serves as your main point of contact and ensures a timely consultation, helps you and your family understand your personalized care plan, and helps steer you through the entire cancer journey.
- Supportive Cancer Services, including financial navigation, nutritional support, psychology, and integrative medicine.
- Extensive care after your procedure, including nurse home care, physical and occupational therapy, wound care, ostomy management, and other services as needed.
Learn more: henryford.com/HIPEC