Dr. Ryan Holbrook
Schedule a Conversation with a HIPEC Surgeon
The surgeon or staff member will make their best effort to call you at your requested time. If they become unavailable you will receive a text.
Board certification by an ABMS Member Board is the premier, independently assessed credential attainable in medicine today.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Dr. Holbrook focuses exclusively on cancer surgery. He specializes in all cancers of the intestinal tract with particular expertise in cancers of the liver and pancreas, as well as the surgical treatment of melanoma and soft tissue sarcomas. He introduced several innovative surgical techniques to the Inland Northwest, including sentinel lymph node biopsy for breast cancer and melanoma, as well as the use of Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA) for liver cancers. He also pioneered the use of Heated Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (HIPEC) in the Pacific Northwest for the treatment of peritoneal (abdominal) surface malignancies.
- Northwestern University Medical School; Chicago, IL
- New England Medical Center (General Surgery); Boston, MA
- Maine Medical Center (General Surgery); Portland, ME
- Massachusetts General Hospital with a joint appointment at New England Medical Center (Biliary Disease); Boston, MA
- Roswell Park Cancer Institute (Surgical Oncology); Buffalo, NY
- Virginia Mason Medical Center (Pancreas, Liver, and Biliary Surgery); Seattle, WA
- American Board of Surgery: Surgery
- Certificate of Training in Surgical Oncology
Honors & Memberships
- Best Doctors in America® list, specialty Surgical Oncology, 2015-2017
- Society of Surgical Oncology
- American College of Surgeons – Fellow
Complete Pathologic Response After Neoadjuvant Chemoradiation for Esophageal Cancer in an Integrated Community-Based Practice.
Wright BE, Lee CM, Kaya H, Parviz, RA Holbrook. PowerPoint Presentation.