Henry Ford Cancer Institute
2799 W. Grand Blvd.
Detroit, Mich. 48202
As a national leader in cancer care, the Henry Ford Cancer Institute is often one of the first or only cancer programs in Michigan to provide emerging treatments, clinical trials and more comprehensive programs for patients with the most advanced, rare cancers. HIPEC is an example of an advanced treatment program we offer that is extending and saving lives.
Our multidisciplinary HIPEC team includes nationally recognized and fellowship trained cancer surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, geneticists, pathologists and anesthesiologists who specialize in the treatment of advanced appendix cancer, colorectal cancer, gastric cancers, mesothelioma, and ovarian cancer.
This unique team approach brings together expert physicians, nurse specialists and others to your side, all working together to provide each patient with the best care experience possible.
Our cancer team is available 24/7.
Schedule a conversation with a surgeon today!
HIPEC at Henry Ford Cancer Institute
Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, or HIPEC, is a heated chemotherapy that is administered after cytoreductive cancer (tumor-removing) surgery to treat cancers that spread to the lining of the abdomen.
This innovative, aggressive treatment targets and destroys microscopic cancer cells that cannot be seen by the human eye. Destroying these cells can prevent them from later coming back as new cancer tumors.
HIPEC can be an effective option for certain cancers that spread to the lining of your abdomen, including, but not limited to:
- Appendix cancers
- Colorectal cancers
- Gastric cancers
- Certain gynecologic cancers, including ovarian
Why choose Henry Ford for your HIPEC treatment
The Henry Ford Cancer Institute is a national leader in cancer care, having treated people from every state in the U.S. and every continent in the world.
At the Lindsey and Brett Finsilver Henry Ford Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC Program, our multidisciplinary HIPEC team is your partner in care. We tailor your cancer care to your unique, individual needs.
Fellowship trained surgical oncologists from prestigious, high volume HIPEC centers lead the multidisciplinary HIPEC program. More than a procedure, our comprehensive HIPEC program features one unified team built all around you.
Our comprehensive HIPEC program provides:
- An appointment for a comprehensive evaluation within 72 hours.
- Comprehensive review of your unique cancer in weekly multidisciplinary tumor boards.
- A dedicated nurse navigator, who serves as your main point of contact and ensures a timely consultation, helps you and your family understand your personalized care plan, and helps steer you through the entire cancer journey.
- Supportive Cancer Services, including financial navigation, nutritional support, psychology, and integrative medicine.
- Extensive care after your procedure, including nurse home care, physical and occupational therapy, wound care, ostomy management, and other services as needed.
Learn more: henryford.com/HIPEC